- These notebooks have been produced to cover the specific topics required at the different levels for the mandatory units of the NVQ Horsecare.
- They help candidates answer the necessary questions required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding in their portfolios for this award.
- They provide sensible, practical guidelines to assist candidates in performing all the required tasks.
- The notebooks are arranged in chapters. Each one states at the beginning the chapter the particular element to which the information refers and the elements run in numerical order.
- Health and Safety issues have been identified in italics in each chapter to help you recognise and reduce the risks involved when working with horses.
For each level of the Mandatory Units a book of Lesson Plans has been produced to help instructors plan their teaching of each individual topic. In these books are lesson plans, lists of support materials, ideas for student participation, references for additional work and exercises for students to complete and place in their portfolios.